Sunday 18 December 2011

Mini Christmas Fruit cakes




As usual I wanted to make some festive gifts for work colleagues and friends. Over the last few weeks I've become majorily addicted to pinterest and have made various festive things like bows, tags, and my usual homemade christmas cards.
After the success of my christmas birthday fruit cake earlier this year I wanted to make mini ones to give as gifts.
I used a combination of mini baked bean cans and mini loaf cases with my normal recipe adjusting the timings to cook to about 1 hour 1/2 rather than the normal 2 1/2 hours.
These turned out really well although I've only sampled a small piece so far.
The marzipan and icing was okay to do, but I couldn't work out how to decorate on a small scale. Initial attempts at making stars and shapes and colouring left over marzipan and fondant icing looked a bit clumsy,  so I bought some small decorations and pearls which I think looked okay in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment